We are an information design agency specialized in communicating complexity and visualizing data.
We use information design to unlock the story-telling power of data. Turning numbers and words into meaningful visualizations, memorable insights and engaging experiences.
A decade of growth
The Visual Agency’s story starts in 2011, when our Founder, Paolo Guadagni, former CEO of the award-winning Milanese PR agency Digital PR, is approached by the Italian Nuclear Forum, a government agency with the challenge of effectively communicating large amounts of data about nuclear energy to the Italian population. Guadagni joins forces with Professor Paolo Ciuccarelli, Founder and then Head of the Density Design Lab at Politecnico di Milano, with the idea to establish a specialized agency combining technical know-how and data-science with creative design and communications. Later that year The Visual Agency is founded.
- The Visual Agency celebrates its 10th anniversary with a book that tells the story of its journey from the beginning up until today's successes.
- The agency releases Kiuu, an automatic video animation production platform.
- In collaboration with Dalk, iCorporate, The Visual Agency presents the project Call to sustainability, a new service to help companies communicate their sustainability activities.
- The agency makes a big step forward in R&D: Paolo Ciuccarelli organizes the first data sonification event in Italy and we present Idioms at the Meet Digital Culture Center, a project about sonic spatialization and data visualization in VR.
- Launch of the divinecomedy.digital, an application created in collaboration with the Dante Alighieri Society. The project brings together for the first time, works depicting the narrative world of the Divine Comedy.
- BEA, a company specializing in strategic communication and data-driven storytelling, becomes part of the network of The Visual Agency.
- The renowned and award-winning project on Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex Atlanticus is published and presented at several international events.
- The Visual Agency buys a 30% stake in Dalk, a start-up focusing on developing data-driven content and supporting the expansion of both businesses.
- Agency receives over 10 awards across design, both editorial and digital, animation and data visualization.
- Turnover reaches almost 1,5 million Euros.
- Prof. Paolo Ciuccarelli joins TVA officially as a shareholder and Member of the Board.
- Nina Corradini is hired as Sales and Marketing Director.
- Turnover exceeds 1 million euros.
- Francesco Foscari, chairman of iCorporate, becomes investor and partner of The Visual Agency strengthening the board with his national and international network and long-standing expertise in corporate PR and Communications.
- The agency wins a very large tender from ENI to produce static, interactive and video infographics for 3 years.
- A new brand identity is created.
- The Visual Agency launches Visualeyed, the first-ever Italian visual journalism magazine.
- Promotion of Matteo Bonera to Creative Director and Francesco Roveta to Design Director.
- The Visual Agency is making its mark with its first international awards for Best Commercial Client Project at the Information is Beautiful Awards and Best Portfolio at the renowned International Data Journalism event, Malofiej, and laying the foundation for rapid growth.
- TVA embarks on a HR investment to expand the scope of skills and expertise it can offer. In parallel, the new TVA Brand identity launches.
The Visual Agency gains independence from the Alchimia Holding making Paolo Guadagni the sole shareholder.
Since the very beginning, Prof. Ciuccarelli acts as a true mentor for the agency, creating a bridge between the academia and research world, to funnel best practices, new perspectives and approaches into TVA's work.
- The company’s first three employees are hired to cover the departments: motion graphics, interactive and information design.
- Founded on November 17th with the Alchimia Holding possessing a one-third stake. Among the first European start-ups offering data visualization solutions in Italy, one of the very first worldwide.
The Visual Agency’s services are renowned for driving business value for clients. Some of the key benefits we deliver are:
- Sales and marketing measurement, optimization and performance.
- Financial analysis and decision.
- Financial and business data analysis to guide decision making.
- Public education and communication.
- Efficient internal and external corporate communication.
- Brand measurement and performance.
- Research and Survey communication.